|Louis Vuitton Spring 2013 Ad Campaign|
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton recorded revenue of €28.1 billion in 2012, an increase of 19% compared to 2011.
Organic revenue growth was 9%. All business groups saw excellent momentum in Europe, Asia and the United States. Louis Vuitton, in particular, once again recorded double-digit revenue growth during the year.
Revenue increased by 12% in the fourth quarter, compared to the same period in 2011, with
organic revenue growth of 8%. The last quarter saw a modest increase in growth compared to the third quarter of 2012.
Profit from recurring operations increased by 13% to €5 921 million, a performance which is
even more remarkable when compared to the strong growth in 2011. Current operating margin
was 21% in 2012. Group share of net profit was €3 424 million, an increase of 12% compared to
Bernard Arnault, Chairman and CEO of LVMH, said:
"2012 was another remarkable year for LVMH, especially in the context of the economic slowdown in Europe. All of our businesses demonstrated excellent momentum driven by innovation and the quality of their products, thereby strengthening their positions in traditional markets while continuing to develop in new ones. Looking beyond the appeal of our brands, it is the talent of our teams and their motivation that enables us to so effectively execute our strategy. In 2013, LVMH intends to further strengthen its global leadership position in high quality products by relying on its sound, longterm strategy."
Highlights of 2012 include:
- Profit from recurring operations close to 6 billion Euros
- Further market share gains throughout the world
- Strong momentum in the United States
- Continued rapid growth in Asia
- Strong progression in Wines & Spirits
- Double-digit revenue growth and exceptional profitability at Louis Vuitton
- Improved performance of other Fashion & Leather Goods brands
- Remarkable year for Parfums Christian Dior which gained market share in a competitive
- On-going strengthening of the market positions of DFS and Sephora due to their innovative products and services
- Excellent results for TAG Heuer and the integration of the first full year of Bulgari
- Free cash flow of €2.5 billion